Wednesday, April 26, 2017

To infinity and beyond!



Hello everyone, I am here again to share new things with you. Now it is time to show you how I created some flat activities that kids can do in the schools but there are not common activities there are Super Learning Missions. As you could read in my previous post, I created one Super Learning Mission. Now, it is time to show you another mission that I have created.


This second Super Learning Mission that I have created is an activity inside my Open E-digital Project: Horton Hears a Who!. In this mission kids will prove that they know how to connect concepts to another area of learning. Kids will have to create a poster of themselves adding in the poster all the concepts that they have learnt. The main aim of this Super Learning Mission is to connect different things that seems to be separate but instead they have a lot of things in common. From my humble point of view, I think that connecting the learning is the best way to teach our students because they are observing that everything that they are learning have a meaning and it can be used in different ares, even though the topic is the Animal Kingdom.


This mission will be individual because every kid has to create a poster putting all their characteristics of themselves. Notwithstanding, this work can be also collaborative because once they finish they work we are going to print it an hang it in the school for everyone to see it. In this way kids will be able to explain their peers all the work done and what is more they can be a reference for other classes to ask their teachers to do more activities like this one.

Now, I leave you here as my previous Super Learning Mission the layout that I made to explain better how this mission will be.



Super learning mission 2 from Alvaro Anton Perez


In the next attachment of this post, you are going to see an example of the final outcome that it is expected that kids do in this super learning mission. As you can observe is a poster about me, this I think should be created by the teacher as an example in order to scaffold a little bit more our students. As teachers we have to help them to acquire the knowledge in every possible way.


How am i? from Alvaro Anton Perez

Let me conclude this post saying that thanks to this Super Learning Mission I have learnt a lot about how I can change the education in my country for the better. Nowadays, I would be thrilled to start working in a school to implement all the things that I have done and learnt in order to see by myself if this kind of things work in a school where only knows how to work using textbooks.






-Stand up from the constraining books
and say:

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

1 comment:

  1. Hi again, Álvaro!

    Really nice entry! I strongly believe that this mission is super motivating for students! I am pretty sure that your pupils will learn a lot while having fun. The sample that you have attached is amazing and, I think that it would be a good idea to show it to your pupils before they start working.

    Keep going!! :)

    ReplyDelete