Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Let's become Super Teachers



Hello everyone, I am here again to share new things with you. Now it is time to show you how I created some flat activities that kids can do in the schools but there are not common activities there are Super Learning Missions.

           
                                                            
                                WE CAN BE HEROES!


What a super learning mission is? Well, it is very simple. It is an activity that instead to do it in the ordinary way, following a book an its explanations, kids are going to acquire the same knowledge doing different activities that will help them to acquire the same knowledge that textbook provide us. In the super learning mission kids will be able to interact with ICT during their learning process and what is more the final outcome of the mission will be publish to the world in order to make it visible for other teachers to know that other ways of education is possible nowadays.

The first super learning mission that i have created is the final outcome of my Open E-digital project. This super learning mission is called "Let's become writers". In this activity kids will work in groups to create pages of a book. The book will gather different animals and stories about them, where the kids have to reflect all the knowledge acquire during the E-digital project. Moreover, with this final outcome that they are going to create they will see some animals that are in danger of extinction and this will open their eyes to take care of our world. The final aim of this super learning mission it is to collaborate with the Twimma Project to make all the effort of the students worth it because their book will be published on iTunes for everyone to see and learn with things created by kids.

Collaborating with this type of projects, I believe that it is a powerful tool for teachers and also for students. On the one hand, teachers have to do a lot of effort in order to make a good digital project but the results will be awesome if the work is well done. On the other hand, kids will see that all they things that they are learning and doing are not in vain, all the things have a meaning an a reason, there are not just pages of a textbook. From my point of view, if kids see that all what they are doing is going to have a purpose they are going to do it more happily because they have an incentive and they are not just studying to pass an exam.


Now it is time to show you my first Super learning mission, which is the final outcome of my Open E-digital Project. In this layout that I created you can see that the first part is oriented to teachers or to the world to explain better how the mission is. The second page, it is the steps that the students have to follow in order to achieve the mission. We have to take into account that in this mission kids have already acquire all the knowledge of the project.



Super learning mission 1 from Alvaro Anton Perez


As you can see in the poster that I created, we have to scaffold our students in each step just to make sure that they are doing it well. However, we need also to make them invent and let their imagination do the rest because as Walt Disney said " Our greatest natural resource is in the minds of our children". I completely agree with this quote because if we told our children to do what we want, they would never express themselves in the way they want and it is possible that we are losing some important values that we have to learn. Teachers must learn from their students and vice versa.


In the next attachment of this post, you are going to see an example of the final outcome that it is expected that kids do in this super learning mission.

         
          Doñana Book from Alvaro Anton Perez

As you can observe, the book created shows all the power that the ICT have and what is more this is going to be shared with the world thanks to the Twimma Project. These kind of collaborative projects are going to open a new door of possibilities for those teacher, like me, that are against using textbook the vast majority of the time in the schools. A few months back, I thought that this ideology that I have will give me problems, but now I know and thanks to observe with better eyes the educative world. I am proud to say that I am not alone in this battle.


Let me conclude by saying that thanks to this mission I have realized that these kind of things are the ones that I want to implement in my future profession as a teacher. I don't wanna be an ordinary teacher an because of that last year I refused a job in a private school because I don't want to be tied up with a textbook. Thats the main reason that I doing this Master degree because I will never stop learning in order to become a real teacher with a lot of resources and different point of view of the education in my country. So, thanks to this kind of activities that i have to make I can say that at this moment I will never give up my Educational ideology.






-Stand up from the constraining books
and say:

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!








1 comment:

  1. We can be heroes... Just for une day! (David Bowie)
    Hi Álvaro!!
    I love your entry! I think you have done a great job! I would like to highlight the presentation that you have created. It is like a magazine and it is very eye-catching. Love it! Moreover, the book you have created is amazing! I am going to take a look at your second learning mission!

    See you! :)

    ReplyDelete