Friday, March 24, 2017

Do you like books?




Welcome back on board!!!


Hello everyone, I am here again with new things to share. What I bring you today is my educational digital project prototype. This educational project is based on a book called Horton Hears a Who! I chose a book because I think that as teachers we have to promote reading among our students.

When I was a kid, I didn't like to read I though that books were something very boring and there were just letters in a page and because of that I preferred to watch television. However, one day I took the first book of Harry Potter and I discovered a whole new world that opened my eyes. Since that moment I can't stop reading and I am a little bit obsessed with books but I believe  that it is not a bad habit.

My educational digital project is based on one of the books of Dr.Seuss. With this book I pretend to work the content of natural science but without using an ordinary textbook. The moral of the book is the same value that a textbook wants to teach so it means that with this book I can teach the same things. Regarding the ICT, How can I tell a book without using the book? very simple answer. Nowadays we are surrounded by devices and inside these devices we can download apps, not all the apps in the world are games, there is an app that it is an interactive book that tells us the story of Horton Hears a Who! with this awesome app and a digital board we can create a perfect teaching-learning environment.



"Cover of Horton Hears a Who!". Photograph by Álvaro Antón Pérez


Having said that, I leave you here a video explaining my educational digital project with all its aims and outcomes.


                       

A part of the video, I also leave you here a template of my digital prototype. In this template you can see in detail how the digital project will be.







Let me conclude by saying, that with this prototype what I pretend it is to develop a great digital project that integrates ICT and picture books and what is more important for me that it will be a digital project where the students will learn the same content without using the oldfashiond textbooks.

-Stand up from the constraining books
 and say:



 O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!


6 comments:

  1. Hello Álvaro!!! I really like the idea of developing a unit through a book. I think your objectives are adequate for the level you have chosen. Besides, your project covers most of competences, which is quite good.
    Regarding your methodology, it is great that you work with children in different ways: pairs, groups, etc, but I would like to know more about the process you are going to carry out until achieving the final outcome. Moreover, talking about the assessment I think it is very good that you also evaluate social and civic skills because they are also very important.
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Álvaro!!
    I really enjoy your CLIL project. I think that the contents and the topic are very motivating for your pupils. Moreover, I consider that using such a brilliant book in class is a great idea. I also agree on the idea of doing different groupings during the implementation of the unit. We should foster collaboration!

    I hope one day I can put it in practice with my pupils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Álvaro. I really like to implement books in every content that is why I like your prototype. Besides, I am found of your way of assessment since it does not contain any written test!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am thoroughly keen on the different rubrics that you are going to create, since one of them concerns teachers and another has been designed to promote connections among teachers accross different cultures, and I'm of the opinión that it is a very good idea to learn and improve.

    Besides, regarding cognition, I consider that working on description is crucial, since it is something that students find difficult, particularly in another language.

    All in all, good job !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your post! I believe that your prototype is very clear and motivating! While I was reading through your template I could see that you were very detailed and explained very well the connection between the 4 Cs. Moreover, the aims and outcomes of your eproject are realistic.
    You did a really great job! I would love to know more about the methodology you would use to carry out the project.
    I can't wait for your next post^^

    ReplyDelete